Saturday, May 18, 2013

Holgraphic Ombre

Whenever I get a new polish, the first thing I do is swatch it on my nail wheels. I ordered the entire China Glaze Hologlam collection, and when I swatched these four together, I knew they would be worn the way I swatched them on my fingers:









All fingers have two coats, and a top coat.

Lets start off with the colors I used, starting from the index finger down: Don't Be A Luna-Tic, Sci-Fly By, Take A Trek, and Strap On Your Moonboots. I cant decide if the one on my ring finger or pinky is my favorite...

I know a lot of people were disappointed with this collection because it is not nearly as amazing as their first holos, and they had a lot on the line after Color Club released Part 1 and Part 2 of their Halo Hues collection. These definitely don't compare, especially with the $14 price tag, but they still look amazing in the sunlight! I just had to get the entire collection since I missed out on their originals.

Application wise: I don't remember having issues with application when I swatched them on my nail wheels, but on my fingers was a whole nother story. I always use Nail Tek formula II as my base coat, and that was definitely not a good choice. It applied terrible, and showed every imperfection of my nails. Next time I will try using a ridge filler or my Nfu Oh Aqua base. I used Poshe fast drying top  and it didn't affect the holo affect at all!

Stay tuned for some nail art for once. I have a lot planned since school will officially be done Wednesday!

2 comments: