Monday, May 27, 2013

Rainbow Dots

I finally had enough down time to do some more intricate nail art! I love these. I got inspiration from some ladies on instagram, one being the lovely mulanpoopy. Here it is:



Sunlight


Shade

It was so hard choosing colors that went together that I haven't used before! But I found a good cohesion of colors.

The red/pink is a really old Sephora color that has no name. Orange: Zoya- Thandie (Stunning Collection Summer 2013) I like saying that name out loud because it sounds like you're saying Sandy with a lisp. The Yellow: Jessica- Banana Peel (Gelato Mio Collection Spring 2012). Green: Illimasqua- Smash. Blue: Anise- Island Lover. Lastly, the purple: China Glaze- That's Shore Bright (Sunsational Collection Summer 2013). I cheated with the white base and used OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Walls which I have used a lot, but I only have two whites, and this is the best one!

The way I did this was started with the big dots, and just filled in the spaces with smaller dots. Very simple really. I just wish my freakin top coat didn't drag some of the dots -__-. Here is what I did with my thumb, I might do this as a full manicure someday:


Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love! I tried to do something similar the other week and couldn't work out how to get the colours to "blend" (for want of a better word) but this method with the big/small dots works wonderfully! I love it, the colours are amazing and it looks great!

    (P.S 'Thandie' might be pronounced 'Tandie' as in the actress Thandie Newton, but keep on saying it your way if you enjoy it!)

    ReplyDelete