Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Nails

I am going to keep this short and sweet:


Shade

Sunlight

I of course had to incorporate green and gold, and I had too many ideas for what green to wear. So I figured, why not try a new technique, and use multiple greens?

The gold on my ring finger is China Glaze- Ultamate Holiday, which was an Ulta exclusive 2 years ago for the holidays, hence the name. But they released a gold exactly the same for last christmas. It is one of those glitters that dries to super glittery texture. It eats up a lot of top cot so I added a generous amount of Gelous, and then one coat of CND Air Dry. That is how I got dat shiiiine.

For the rest of the nails, I started with two coats of OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Then I used a combination of the saran wrap and water color method. I added random blobs of the colors, and used the saran wrap to spread it around. I didn't add a top coat to the white, so every time I patted the saran wrap on my nail, it would take not only the green polish off, but also the white! So, in order to fix that, I added more color, and dipped a brush into acetone and spread the color around that way. The dark green is China Glaze- Four Leaf Clover, I thought that was an appropriate color choice. The medium green is OPI- Green-Wich Villiage, and the lighter green is Orly- Green Apple.

Hope you enjoyed these! I really like how they turned out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment