Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Monochromatic Skittles

I have totally been neglecting this :(. I haven't had much time to do my nails, school is taking over my life! But these are making me feel better :)

I've been itching to do a skittles manicure for a while, and this is what I came up with!



Sorry for the dry cuticles...

This is my first attempt at leopard print on my nails, and I really like the outcome! They are so easy. Expect to see more from me! I am also still on a french tip kick.

I started out with two coats of Zoya- Blu, a new polish from their Lovely Collection for Spring 2012. This is one of the two polishes I got from that collection. I love it! It is the palest blue I have, and the formula is amazing. It is my first creme polish from Zoya, and they have yet to disappoint me. I got my first Zoya about a year ago, and they are quickly becoming one of my favorite brands!

I added Lush Lacquer- Splitter Splatter on my index finger. It is one of their matte glitters, with blue micro glitters, medium and large white and blue hexagons, medium black and white squares and black and white bar glitters. The perfect amount of glitter mixed all into one!

Onto the leopard print. The medium blue shade is Sally Hansen- Pacific Blue, a cult favorite, and the most vibrant blue, ever. And the dark blue is one of the Blue Cross Christmas snowmen polishes, which have no names. I used the same shades on my tips.

What do you think? I really love them, except it isn't very balanced. I should have switched what I did with my index and middle finger. Other than that, I think it is a perfect monochromatic manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment