Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Color Club- The Uptown

I almost didn't post this polish, but I got somewhat decent pictures and this polish is way too gorgeous not to share. I felt like this polish would have gotten a lot of love when it came out, but surprisingly no one went crazy. Probably because Color Club isn't the most accessible nail band out there? My polish shop has been really lagging on getting polish collections lately, and The Girl About Town of course never came in. Luckily I got this in my last swap! Here it is:

Sunlight



The last three were taken in the shade (kind of)

Two coats of Color Club- The Uptown (Girl About Town Collection Fall 2013) Layered over one coat of OPI- Sapphire in the Snow (Holiday Wishes Collection 2009)

This polish has so much flakies in it, it is ridiculous! It is really easy to work with, although the light purple shade is kind of sheer for my liking, so I went ahead and layered it over a complimentary color. The flakies in it look like a shift from red-orange-green, kind of like Essie Shine of the Times.

Next time I wear it I will definitely mattify it!

Lacquer of Leave Her has a great comparison post between this and the coveted Nfu Oh No 51. After looking at the comparison, I'd say I prefer the Color Club, but I will always keep my Nfu Oh Boobie bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment