Thursday, December 13, 2012

OPI + Orly + Dots

I am taking a break from writing my English final, and instead writing something more worth my while! Continuing with the winter theme, I have a pretty popular polish to share today. This is the first time I have worn it, only because I didn't get it when it came out last year, so I picked it up like two months ago. Here it is:

Direct Sunlight

Shade

The base color is OPI- Designer...de Better! topped off with Orly- Halo. Designer de Better was one of the more popular shades from their Muppets/Christmas collection last year. And Halo is from Orly's Naughty or Nice winter collection this year. The formula on both were  pretty good! The OPI shade was a little runny, but I don't know if that is because it is a  foil or not. I am pretty sure this is the only foil polish in my collection, and now I want more! It was like putting liquid metal onto my nails. It is a very unique shade as well. It is a nice champagne color, but if you look close there are tiny orange/copper shimmers in it too. You can't see it on my nails really, but if you look at the picture in the shade, you can totally see the shimmers in the bottle.

After I applied Halo, which applied amazingly, I decided to get more use out of my dotting tools. I first put some scattered dots of OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Walls, waited for that to dry, then added China Glaze- Glittering Garland. You can tell I am still on a gradient kick too with the way I dispersed the dots. I like how it turned out, although I think it would have been better if I added the Glitter top coat over the dots. It would have looked more uniform. Hope you like these as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment