Saturday, December 15, 2012

Liebster Award

Today I have some exciting news! I was nominated by Christine May from Nails at 2am for the Liebster Award. YAY!!!


It is just a nice treat for bloggers with less than 200 followers to get their blog out there! Although I have done some research and it ranges from people with less than 200 followers, to 3,000...I guess once you accept the award, you tell 11 random facts about yourself, then answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked. After that, make up your own 11 questions, and nominate however many people you want!

Here are 11 random facts about me:

1. I am pretty girly when it comes to makeup and nail polish, but I freakin love to go camping and anything involving beautiful scenery.
2. Not only is my favorite color green, but it is Jennifer green. I surprisingly haven't shown any Jennifer green polishes on my blog yet...
3. I am comfortable saying I really am a crazy cat lady.
4. I was born and raised in the Bay Area, therefore the word "hella" is a regular part of my vocabulary. And I am not ashamed one bit!
5. I have a pretty impressive rock collection to go with my nail polish collection.
6. I drive a 2000 chevy tracker convertible, I couldn't ask for a better car.
7. I have never gotten a manicure done in a salon.
8. I own a chinchilla. Her name is Chibi.
9. I love peanut butter, but can't stand to eat peanuts in their natural state.
10. I have been to 9 different countries.
11. My all time favorite video game is any Grand Theft Auto.

Here are the questions Christine May asked:

1. Who was the first (or one of the first) nail bloggers that you came across and loved? I am gonna have to go with the one and only Scrangie. I think she really is one of the first, and she just has the best freakin swatches!

2. Summer of Winter? I'll go with winter. I love winter clothes and polishes since it is glitter mania for me! I prefer the cold over the heat too. Summer is awesome though because that means no school and time to travel!

3. Do you have any pet peeves? I can't stand it when people snap their fingers to get mine or anyone elses attention. I just think it is not only annoying, but incredibly rude. I hate rude people.

4. What's your most liked nail art trend? Disliked nail art trend? My most liked nail art trend is probably gradient nails. Especially glitter gradients! It's just a nice subtle touch, and pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. My least favorite is probably caviar nails. I know they aren't meant to last very long, and I change my polish a lot anyways, but i don't like the idea of possibly getting it in my food...Although they do make great pictures!

5. Thoughts/opinions on the duck feet nails? T-A-C-K-E-Y. That is all I have to say about them.

6. The color you wear the most? Green all the way baby.

7. What's your guilty pleasure? Bad Girls Club. It is just so awful, but so addicting. My excuse is that it makes me feel good about myself since I will never be that crazy, or hang out with bitches that crazy!

8. What are some of the things on your bucket list? Live on at least 30 acres of land with my honey boo boo and little Jenniberts, travel as much as possible, breed dogs and cats, and camp in every county in California.

9. Is there anything else you collect other than nail polish? Like i mentioned before, I have a pretty sweet rock collection. I collect makeup as well.

10. Do you eat oysters? Not all the time, but i don't mind them really. I love shell fish. It's muscles that literally make me sick to my stomach.

11. Would you consider doing nail art as a career? Definitely not. I wanted to be a makeup artist in high school, but I didn't want to ruin my hobby. I see nail polish the same way.


11 questions for the bloggers I nominate:
1.What is your first memory of using nail polish?
2. What is your favorite nail polish finish?
3. How many polishes do you own? Try to give an exact number
4. What is the favorite manicure you have ever created?
5. How many people in your personal life know about your nail obsession?
6. How long do you plan on collecting polish?
7. How many bottles of nail polish can you say you have completely used up?
8. What is your all time favorite polish?
9. What are your thoughts on the caviar manicure?
10. Favorite way to store your collection?
11. Can you wear any type of nail polish at work?

The blogs I nominate are:
misshollyberries
Swatch Nails
warmvanillasugar0823
joyluscious
packapunchpolish


2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing with us! And by pretty sweet rock collection, do you mean rock music or actual rocks/minerals? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant rocks like minerals and stones. I have been collecting since I was like 5. It is pretty impressive, and probably the dorkiest thing I am into.

    ReplyDelete