Thursday, August 15, 2013

Half Moons Using Smudged Polish

I featured my first and favorite Smudged Polish HERE, and now I have another to show you. I did a little nail art, which is usually hard to do with indie polishes since they are usually glitter bombs. Sylvie did something you never see, a textured polish! I know there are bazillion indie brands now so it is hard to keep up, but I have NEVER seen an indie brand do textured polishes. Not only did she make an amazing textured polish, but it is like nothing the major brands have been pushing out. Seriously, you need to get you some! Here it is:



Smudged- Gravel

I probably could have used a better base color, but I just got this polish which I have been wanting for a year, and I just wanted to wear it! It seemed like a good idea at the time...

I started off with 2 coats of Zoya- Wednesday (Beach Collection Summer 2012). It is a nice bright blue that actually has a muted dusty quality to it. I really don't have anything like it in my collection, and that's saying a lot! The polish is a little thick and goopy though :(

Then I did what I always do with my half moons, and added a thick coat of Gravel. I feel the base color made it look just a tad bit darker than it really is. It has so many colors in it, too! I can see a light purple, dark purple, and black?  Maybe some white, too. I seriously love this! I need to wear it again with a top coat. I really hope Sylvie comes out with more textured polishes, I hope you are reading this :P

She only mails out to Australia, so if you are an Aussie, go to her Etsy!

1 comment: