Thursday, July 18, 2013

Guest Post: Will Paint Nails For Food

Today's guest is Will Paint Nails For Food! I can't remember how I came across her, but I was blown away by her nail art and swatches. She started her blog around the same time as me too, and now she has blossomed into a big shot and has tons of photos on etailers which is awesome! Might I add her name is amazing? Here is what she came up with:



Hi everyone! I'm very excited to be writing this post for Jennifer at Jennibertt's Nails. We've been following each other's blogs for quite some time now and I was really touched that she asked me to do a guest blog post while she's on vacation. Thanks Jennifer!


One of my favourite recent collections is Deborah Lippmann's The Mermaids - four shimmery polishes based on Mermaid's Dream, which came out last year. I was recently able to complete the collection and I've been dying to do some nail art with these polishes.







I saw this gradient over at Polish Police and knew that I wanted to try something similar. I also added some studs from the Born Pretty Store to complement the gradient.







I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff because I thought the Deborah Lippmann polishes would be too sheer on their own. Turns out I was wrong and you can probably skip this step. For the gradient I used Million Dollar Mermaid, Mermaid's Kiss, and Do the Mermaid. I painted the polishes on a makeup sponge in three rows like I wanted the gradient to appear. Then I sponged it on, waited for it to dry, then repeated. I did this about three times for all nails.







I used a dab of top coat to affix the studs and then sealed everything with a thick layer of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.







Overall, I really love how the gradient turned out. The only down side about using these particular polishes is all the glitter - it gets everywhere!! If I were to redo this, I would tape the sides of my nails or use a layer of PVA glue, which I've heard can be used to quicken the final clean up process.



What do you think of this design? If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment, I'll be checking back periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment