Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July Nails

As promised yesterday, here are my 4th of July nails!

 


Here is what I did last year. This years water marble came out MUCH better.

I used a whole bunch of polishes for this! First, the base I used for every nail is OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Walls (Spiderman Collection 2012). My go to white, not your traditional stark white, but still white enough, and a very good formula.

The glitters:
My index finger is Sally Hansen- Red White & Hue (Color Frenzy Line). I am not too sure if this is limited edition, I just stumbled upon this at Target and had to get it since I don't have a red white and blue polish in a clear base. I know Hard Candy has one too. The formula wasn't the best. I tended to get a lot of the clear base on my brush rather than glitter, so it got a little thick.

My pinky is Polish Me Silly- Razzmatazz (Formally known as Lush Lacquer). This polish is no longer available unfortunately. It is just red and blue medium hex glitters in a clear base.Very easy to work with.

Red and Blue:
Everyone in the nail polish world knows about Sally Hansen- Pacific Blue being changed to an awful formula along with some other loved Xtreme wear polishes. I have heard these polishes are great for water marbling, so I gave it a whirl. I think it came out pretty good. It didn't spread out as easily as the OPI's I used, but it got the job done. It especially got the job done for the stripes on my middle finger since it is so creamy and opaque. I got the striping tape from Nailvinyls, and used various sizes.

The red is a new one to my collection and the nail polish world, which is OPI- Coca-Cola Red (Coca- Cola Collection 2014). This polish is FLAWLESS! I used it on my other hand for the base before applying the Sally Hansen glitter. Super creamy and opaque, and almost a one coater. I think I may have a new favorite red.

I think that covers everything. If you are in the US, have a safe and fun holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment