Thursday, November 15, 2012

My First Nail of the Day!

Today I have a nice neutral manicure to share. I have been wearing a lot of brights and glitters lately, so I decided to switch it up and do something not as POW in your face. Here it is:


In direct sunlight



It is still eye catching, which is what I want in a nail polish, yet subtle enough that it isn’t a brain overload. I first applied two coats of China Glaze- Fast Track, which is from the Hunger Games collection for Spring 2012. I always put a base coat of NailTek II first, but after I applied the first coat on my right hand, I totally realized I skipped the most important step! Oops. Then I followed with one coat of Butter London- Tart With a Heart. It came in a duo with The Dark Knight for the holidays last year, but it is now a part of their permanent line.


 In the shade


 Good detail on the multicolored glitters


The first coat of Fast Track was pretty sheer and I was afraid I would have to do three coats, but the second coat applied flawlessly and gave full opacity. Then I finished off with the high and mighty Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat after applying Tart with a Heart, which also applies like a dream. Fast Track has tiny gold micro glitters in it which you can see in the bottle, but Tart with a Heart almost completely covers it. Although the multicolored glitters in it definitely gives it dimension. I am obsessed! I’ll probably wear it for another day, which is rare for me to wear the same manicure for more than one day. I try to get a full 24 hours of wear!


Well, that is all for today’s post. Hope you enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment